Re: make failing, tabs are fine, missing separator

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: make failing, tabs are fine, missing separator
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:17:34 -0700

On Jan 9, 2008 5:32 PM, Russell King <address@hidden> wrote:
> Now I am getting this error:
>
> address@hidden lama]$ make
> (cd src;make)
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/russ/lama/src'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/lama.app', needed by `all'.  Stop.
>  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/russ/lama/src'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I think the problem is right here at the line:
>
> all: $(ERL_OBJECTS)

That looks fine to me.

> Does it mean I have to have a target $(ERL_OBJECTS) and/or command for
>  all: $(ERL_OBJECTS) ?

It means that the files listed in $(ERL_OBJECTS) are prerequisites of
the 'all' target.

> ./src/Makefile contents:
>
> include ../vsn.mk
> #include ../../../support/include.mk
> ERLC_FLAGS  += -I../include
> ERL_OBJECTS += $(EBIN_DIR)/lama.app

So, compare that to the error message above:
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/lama.app', needed by `all'.  Stop.

Looks like the EBIN_DIR variable wasn't set.

Where did you get this Makefile?  Did you follow the directions that
came with it regarding setting variables and invoking make with the
correct arguments?

Philip Guenther