Re: running parallel make jobs and avoiding jumbled/garbled output?

From: Per Jessen
Subject: Re: running parallel make jobs and avoiding jumbled/garbled output?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:38:09 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Can you show a self-contained excerpt from this Makefile, where all
> the dependencies and the corresponding rules of a single
> xx/yy/EMAILADDR.send target are spelled out?

I've put one together :

http://jessen.ch/files/makefile-for-eli

This one still has includes for the userdeps.* files, but I thought it
might be helpful to show how they are built.

http://jessen.ch/files/makefile-for-eli2

This one is completely self-contained.

> Also, are there any recursive Make invocations in this Makefile, and
> if so, can you show the targets/rules which run them?

Nope, no recursive stuff at all.  There is one re-execute when the
userdeps file is built and included.

/Per Jessen, Zürich