missing targets during parallel builds (was: Re: running parallel make j

From: Paul Smith
Subject: missing targets during parallel builds (was: Re: running parallel make jobs and avoiding jumbled/garbled output?)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:39:43 -0500

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 15:29 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
> I'm using JFS which has timestamps with 1ns resolution.

In that case I guess you're going to have to bite the bullet and run
with debugging on, then slog through the output :-/.  I can't think of
any reason this might be happening, and I've certainly run massively
parallel builds with no missed targets like that.  In fact I used to
have a tester who regularly ran parallel builds on a 64-way SPARC
system.

So it seems there's something odd about your environment or makefiles
that I haven't seen before.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us