Re: running parallel make jobs and avoiding jumbled/garbled output?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: running parallel make jobs and avoiding jumbled/garbled output?
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:40:23 +0200

> From: Per Jessen <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 08:50:31 +0100
> Y-Perjessen: Tue Mar  4 08:50:31 CET 2008
>
> Well, I've eliminated the userlist target and simply made 'all'
> dependent on all of the 'TARGET.send' targets.  userlist was really
> superfluous.
>
> Didn't solve the problem though - when run in parallel, a lot of the
> jobs are still not run.

Are you sure they are really not run?  That is, are they missing from
the output of "make -d"?  If the jobs to rebuild them _are_ in the
output of "make -d", perhaps something else is at work here?

Btw, I'm still confused as to why "make -d" says that the target `all'
(and therefore all the other ones) are considered several times (I
counted 8).  I cannot spot anything in the Makefile which would cause
that, but maybe I'm missing something Paul, can you suggest an
explanation?