Re: running parallel make jobs and avoiding jumbled/garbled output?

From: Per Jessen
Subject: Re: running parallel make jobs and avoiding jumbled/garbled output?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 18:24:04 +0100

Per Jessen wrote:

> I have just discovered that the system where I'm seeing this problem
> does in fact not have 1ns resolution in JFS.  I suspect this is due to
> a backlevel kernel and/or JFS.

Confirmed - sub-second timestamps in JFS are only supported as of kernel
2.6, and this system is still running 2.4.

Paul, how likely do you think it is that the problems I'm seeing are
related to this timestamp issue?   Upgrading this server is going to
take some time, but I could perhaps try to replicate the setup
elsewhere.

/Per Jessen, Zürich