Re: missing separator stop <- looking to quickly solve that

From: Stephan Beal
Subject: Re: missing separator stop <- looking to quickly solve that
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:43:40 +0200

On 6/10/08, wac <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm looking forward to deactivate the TAB-SPACE "feature" of make that is
> not letting me advance. Is there a switch, env variable, patch to makefile
> latest version that doesn't have the POSIX enforcement? I could try a
> downgrade, even with bugs. I don't care.

The tab/space thing is a fixed syntactical rule of Make - it cannot
simply be turned off without making input unreadable, in the same way
that python code cannot simply be re-indented to one's liking without
changing the meaning of the code. The solution is to either use
another build tool or learn Make's rules and work to them.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/