glob/libglob.a has no table of contents

From: Justin King
Subject: glob/libglob.a has no table of contents
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 17:17:42 -0400

I have been attempting to get the gnu make 3.81 to work on my computer (1.67 GHz PowerPC G4 laptop w/ 2GB of DDR Ram), I am running OSX 10.4.11. The ./configure worked alright, but when I typed make, this happened. I have concluded that glob/libglob.a has no table of contents and I should add one with ranlib, but after several hours of reading manpages and searching the internet, I still have no idea how to do this, and in what folder I should be doing it in. I have included what the computer outputted. I hope you can help me. Thankyou

Justin W. king

justin-kings-powerbook-g4-15:~/make-3.81 Niverik2k$ make
make  all-recursive
Making all in glob
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in config
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in po
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in doc
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
gcc -g -O2 -o make ar.o arscan.o commands.o default.o dir.o expand.o file.o function.o getopt.o getopt1.o implicit.o job.o main.o misc.o read.o remake.o remote-stub.o rule.o signame.o strcache.o variable.o version.o vpath.o hash.o glob/libglob.a /usr/bin/ld: archive: glob/libglob.a has no table of contents, add one with ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [make] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2