Re: how to exit the parent_make immediately when get an error in submake

From: Tao T
Subject: Re: how to exit the parent_make immediately when get an error in submake
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 01:45:20 -0800 (PST)

I just use this kind of command to achieve recursive make call:
BUILDUNITS := $(shell cd $(WORKAREA)/sub_dir && $(MAKE) $(MAKECMDGOALS))
my first question is: Is it possible that the shell function is the reason
to cause this problem?
2nd.question is:Is there some kind of error detector in make? my current
asume is if there's a error been detected I can add a error function in
parent makefile.

Thanks and BR,
Tao