RE: Convert nmake Makefile to GNU Makefile

From: Achugatla, Vijay K. (LNG-CON)
Subject: RE: Convert nmake Makefile to GNU Makefile
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:22:01 -0500

Tom,

The info at http://make.paulandlesley.org/autodep.html is really useful.

I am able to build the files by giving the file names in the Makefile

SRC_FILES = abc.C xyz.C

OBJ_FILES = $(patsubst %.C, %.o, ${SRC_FILES})

But I have a 100s of files in a directory. I can not give the names of all the files inside the Makefile.

Is there any option or directive available in GNU make that searches a directory and gets the names of all the files available in that and then store that in a variable?

Also any idea how to set a destination directory? I mean I want to store all the object files in a directory and the executable in another directory. How to achieve that?

Any sample code or pseudo code that handles this would be of great help

Thanks,

Vijay