RE: why doesn't vpath %.c subdir// work?

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: why doesn't vpath %.c subdir// work?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:03:52 -0800

>Actually, Windows treats both flavors or slashes the same, so whatever
magic happens with \\foo\bar will also happen with //foo/bar.  Try it.
(If you try this from the cmd prompt, you will probably need to put
the file name in quotes, because cmd treats / as an option leader.)

I respectfully disagree:

C:\Temp>cd "//"

C:\Temp>cd "\\"
'\\'
CMD does not support UNC paths as current directories.

C:\Temp>

But this is not the point, the point is, the original question does not have to
do with Windows, correct me if I wrong.