RE: does make behave serially when serially invoked

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: does make behave serially when serially invoked
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:54:03 -0800

>    If any of the .o files are up to date (ie: if they are younger
than their corresponding .c file) the rule won't be invoked, and
therefore you won't have the object appear in the file.

Yes it was understood, that I wasn't doing anything this terminally stupid :)
Yes I clean first, then make, then I sometimes see a few filenames missing.
The reason why I know the files are in fact there, is because if I only do the
"missing" file

>make foobar.o

rather than
>make all