Weird performance problem

From: Leandro Lucarella
Subject: Weird performance problem
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:52:31 -0300

Long story short, I have a program that when executed from a shell it
takes about 3 seconds to complete, but when executed via make, it takes
5 seconds.

The long story is here if you need more details (and if you need even
more, please ask, I'll be happy to answer any questions or do any
further testing):
http://www.llucax.com.ar/blog/blog/post/-7a56a111

Is there anything make does to the environment (in a general sense, not
only environment variables) before executing commands that could cause
a difference like this?

Thanks.

PS: Please Cc me.

hypocrite opportunist