Re: Re: the character ‘%’

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Re: the character ‘%’
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 13:35:52 +0300

> Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:13:11 +0430
> From: ali hagigat <address@hidden>
>
> Each explanation has some components. An explanation is written IF AND
> ONLY IF its components have been written and explained FIRST.
>
> The document starts talking about RCS, SCCS files in 3.7 suddenly
> without even mentioning the importance of such files that are used for
> revision control leaving the reader amazed what are these RCS and SCCS
> files? Are their names are RCS and SCCS or these two symbols specify
> the type of file they are indicating at?!!

You are right, the manual should say a few words regarding RCS and
SCCS.  However, instead of flaming, I suggest to submit a specific bug
report to Savannah, for each place in the manual where some
terminology or a name of a tool is used before being explained, or
without a cross-reference to where it _is_ explained.  Submitting
documentation bug reports is a much more efficient way of getting the
docs improved, because the maintainers do look at the bug tracker when
they prepare a new release.

TIA (which stands for "Thanks In Advance").