Re: Errors in Commands

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Errors in Commands
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 08:13:03 -0500

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 10:03 +0330, ali hagigat wrote:
> I meant, is it possible an error happens for a target and the
> execution of make does not finish?
> If we do not ask make explicitly to ignore an error by -k, -i or
> .IGNORE, make will finish by an error, isn't it?

I don't know how to answer these questions.  The manual documents the
behavior.  The behavior is described in the manual.

Is there something about the manual or the behavior that you don't
understand?  If so, please ask THAT question and we'll be happy to help.

Or are you just looking for reassurance that yes, the manual's
description is correct?  That doesn't seem like a productive use of
anyone's time, but yes, to the best of my knowledge the manual's
description of error handling is accurate.