Re: Recompile files for different parameters

From: Matthias Fechner
Subject: Re: Recompile files for different parameters
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:53:05 +0100

Dear Mark,

On 07.03.11 15:18, Mark Galeck (CW) wrote:
MAKEFILE := $(lastword $(MAKEFILE_LIST))

sorry, maybe my explanation was not very well, here a very short example that shows the problem. I kicked out all the subdirectory stuff and tried to simplify it as far as possible.
I attached two small c files, a header file and the Makefile.

Copy it to a directory and execute:
make

then execute:
make debug

You see, it does not remake the hello.o, but it should because the code changes.
How can I teach make to rebuild the hello.o in this case?

Thanks,
Matthias

--
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." -- Rich Cook