Re: Stuck at 3.80 for .SECONDARY reasons

From: Paljas
Subject: Re: Stuck at 3.80 for .SECONDARY reasons
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 05:44:26 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your reply.

Not entirely. The .PRECIOUS target still requires you to specify explicit
dependencies. An empty dependency list has not effect, whereas an empty
dependency list for .SECONDARY will have effect over all targets in 3.81 and
above, and all intermediate targets in 3.80. So in that way I can use
.SECONDARY in 3.80 to prevent (automatically and manually identified)
intermediate targets from being deleted, without having to gather the whole
list of possible intermediate targets...

.PRECIOUS does not have such option...