Re: Wildcard limited to partial match in a single path component?

From: Maurice van der Pot
Subject: Re: Wildcard limited to partial match in a single path component?
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 00:19:09 +0100

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 05:47:20PM -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 23:39 +0100, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
> > I'm now in the process of rewriting the rules to this:
> >
> >   _/%XB.h: %XB.itm
> >
> > It will put files in a different location, but I don't see another
> > solution.
>
> ??  You didn't describe your actual requirements, but why can't you just
> use:
>
>       .dir/%XB.h : dir/%XB.h

Because there is one rule and there are many directories. They just all
match the .*/*XB.h pattern.

The makefiles (or at least most of them) are independent of the actual
names of components in the software, but if I have a component ABC then
there should be a rule that matches target .ABC/ABCXB.h and that has
ABC/ABCXB.itm as prerequisite.

> Or, and I don't know if this works, what about:
>
>       ./.%XB.h: ./%XB.h

That does not seem to match a target of .ABC/ABCXB.h

Replacing .%XB.h with _/%XB.h is not too bad though. And then I can
easily have my prerequisites start with or without the _/ part.

Regards,
Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot