Re: implementing emake's #pragma multi in GNU make?

From: Mark Galeck
Subject: Re: implementing emake's #pragma multi in GNU make?
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 20:56:17 -0800 (PST)

Yes Michael, the exact solution I quoted, has a problem in the case you showed.
 Thank you for pointing this out and sorry for dragging this obvious case.

But then of course, that's not what I am actually using :)  I forgot.  I do
this, and I believe that is the correct solution to the "gaping hole in GNU
Make" (Eric does not point this one on his blog, but he says "all proposed
solutions have problems").

Please correct me if I am still mistaken.

bar: foo ;
foo : baz
  touch foo bar

Of course, this whole discussion, is about the case of not-following the
hallowed Commandment:

"thou shall not touch any files in thine recipe other than thine target, or
hell will befall thee", said Paul