Re: release of make 3.82.90?

From: Christof Warlich
Subject: Re: release of make 3.82.90?
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:15:58 +0200

Am 05.04.2013 20:00, schrieb Eli Zaretskii:
"Fixes" how? Unless you mean the support for job-server and the resulting parallelism, I know of no other significant speedup in the CVS code.
See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-make/2011-09/msg00026.html for the details. The problem doesn't bother much under Linux, as stat is fast enough there, but it turns out to make "make" unusable slow under Cygwin or MinGW, particularly when network drives are involved.
but I'm somewhat hesitant using an "unofficial" build in a critical project.
FWIW, I'm using the CVS code on MS-Windows for the last year, and did
not see any problems at all.
Yes, I'm using the CVS code for our project since September 2011 too, and it works just fine. At that time, I was just hoping that a new released version appears within the time frame of our project.
Thanks for any information w.r.t. future plans,
Please wait for Paul to reply, he is the only one who makes plans
about that.

Paul, it would be very kind if you could give some rough estimate. I'm fully aware that you probably have much more interesting and important work to do, but some outlook on make's future would be great.