RE: how to use already existing .d files

From: Swapna Pawar
Subject: RE: how to use already existing .d files
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 05:25:20 +0000

Hi Philip,

Thank you for the quick response.

We have already tried this by adding the following rule:

%.o: %.c
            gcc -c -x c -o "$@" $<"

Modifying the rule as above does not use the existing .d files and does not
rebuild the .c file in case any required header is modified.
In addition to the above rule, we also tried using '-include $(C_DEPS), not no
luck..

Regards,
Swapna