Jobserver based make aborts delayed...

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Jobserver based make aborts delayed...
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 21:51:56 +0200

Hi all,

I run make with quite a lot jobs in parallel using -j12. One of the sub-makefiles aborts due to an error. I would expect that all other sub-makes also stop immediately. But this does not happen, they run sometimes another 30 seconds until the sub-makes have finished successfully. I only see the "successful" finish of the sub-makes at the end and could assume that everything was done properly.
Only when scrolling up some dozend screens I see somewhere the real error.

Is there a possibility to let the other sub-makes to abort if one sub-make has an error?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Erik