Avoid to recompile the target

From: FanKe Meng
Subject: Avoid to recompile the target
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 22:23:03 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

I'm writing a simple project now with the main Makefile and definitions in a
directory and submakes in its sub-directories.

I write explicit rules to compile the source files into object files and the
link all the object files into an executable file.

However, while there is no source file changed and make is triggered on the
command line,the executable file will be updated each time

though the object files aren't compiled again. Is there a way to avoid it?

Any help are appreciated.

The Makefile and Makefile.def are here:

Makefile

all:

export all_apps :=

include Makefile.def
include sub1/Makefile
include sub2/Makefile

all : $(all_apps)

Makefile.def

def src_to_obj
$1 : $2
$(CC) -o $1 -c $2
endef

def make_app
$(eval objs := $(patsubst %.c, %.o, $1))
all_apps += $1
$1 : $(objs)
$(CC) -o $1 $(objs)       #### it will be run every time make is triggered on
the command line. Any way to avoid it?
endef

Best regars
Richy Mong