Re: Recursive implicit rules without explicit intermediates?

From: Pierre Lindenbaum
Subject: Re: Recursive implicit rules without explicit intermediates?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 18:29:30 +0100

Hi Luke,

I use Make to run my bioinformatics workflows.

As far as I understand your question, you're trying to generate a makefile for a complex structured model.

My makefile itself is generated with a XML file describing the experiment ...

   <?xml  version="1.0"  encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <model  name="myProject"  description="my project"  directory="OUT">
      <project  name="Proj1">
        <sample  name="Sample1">
          <fastq>
            <for>test/fastq/sample_1_01_R1.fastq.gz</for>
            <rev>test/fastq/sample_1_01_R2.fastq.gz</rev>
          </fastq>
          <fastq>
            <for>test/fastq/sample_1_02_R1.fastq.gz</for>
            <rev>test/fastq/sample_1_02_R2.fastq.gz</rev>
          </fastq>
        </sample>
        <sample  name="Sample2">
          <fastq>
            <for>test/fastq/sample_2_01_R1.fastq.gz</for>
            <rev>test/fastq/sample_2_01_R2.fastq.gz</rev>
          </fastq>
        </sample>
      </project>
   </model>

 and a XSLT stylesheet to transform XML to a Makefile.

      xsltproc --output makefile model2make.xsl model01.xml

An example for Next Generation Sequencing is posted at: https://github.com/lindenb/ngsxml

I also use apache velocity + json to generate my makefiles with https://github.com/lindenb/jsvelocity

Pierre L

Message: 2