Re: bug #34519

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bug #34519
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 19:37:00 +0200

> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 23:11:36 +0100
> From: Tomas Nordin <address@hidden>
>
> Referring to bug #34519 for make, which seem to have been fixed if I
> understand the bug ticket correct. I cannot find a windows installer for
> make version > 3.81, and the bug is resolved in some version after 3.81.
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?34519
>
> The bug ticket has two links to some good advice on how to work-around
> the issue, which I will try. But is there not a pre-compiled binary for
> windows with version > 3.81? Or do I simply fail to find it?

You fail to find it.  Try here, for the latest v4.1:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/make-4.1-without-guile-w32-bin.zip/download

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/make-4.1-with-guile-w32-bin.zip/download

There's no installers there, just a single zip file that you need to
unzip.  Be sure to read the relevant portion of the README on that
site, especially if you want to install Make with Guile.