Re: ./configure Make sources runs, but compiled make segfaults - is this

From: Mark Galeck
Subject: Re: ./configure Make sources runs, but compiled make segfaults - is this a bug?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:16:06 +0000 (UTC)

> Does the resulting make pass its regression
tests ("make check" after you build it)?  If not, then likely there's
some kind of environmental problem on your system.  If it does but fails
on your makefiles, then likely there's a bug in 4.1 which is tickled by
your makefiles.

No any make invocation of recompiled 4.1 (without any of my changes)
immediately segfaults, including make check.  I know 3.81 binary distribution
runs there now, so I tried to recompile 3.81 and yes that does run.