Re: ./configure Make sources runs, but compiled make segfaults - is this

From: Mark Galeck
Subject: Re: ./configure Make sources runs, but compiled make segfaults - is this a bug?
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 01:26:07 +0000 (UTC)

OK, the reason when I recompile Make 4.1 (without any changes) and then it
immediately segfaults on my system is this:
in the file main.c on line 1404:
define_variable_cname ("MAKE_TERMOUT", TTYNAME (fileno (stdout)),
                o_default, 0)->export = v_export;
this is a macro that expands to :
define_variable_in_set(("MAKE_TERMOUT"),(sizeof ("MAKE_TERMOUT") - 1),(ttyname
(fileno (stdout))),(o_default),(0), current_variable_set_list->set,((gmk_floc
*)0))                                            ->export = v_export;

and here, the argument
(ttyname (fileno (stdout))) has value 0
then this is expected to be a string that later that gets passed to xstrdup and
that segfaults.