Re: Make opens Android Studio

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Make opens Android Studio
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 14:22:29 -0400

On Sun, 2016-03-20 at 18:40 +0100, Sideboard wrote:
> Why does Android Studio open at all? Is Studio supposed to "help" with
> debugging whenever Make encounters an error? How can I disable that?

GNU make absolutely never invokes Android Studio.  It doesn't know
anything about Android Studio.

So, either you are using a different version of make or a modified GNU
make, or else the rule you're invoking is somehow running Android Studio
unexpectedly.

You don't show the command that make is invoking, only the error
messages, so there's no much we can tell you.  However, these errors:

> Cannot find file '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.2.0-34-lowlatency/--64'
> Cannot find file '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.2.0-34-lowlatency/-o'
> Cannot find file '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.2.0-34-lowlatency/.5259.tmp'

sure look to me like your command line is broken: these "files" like "-
-64", "-o", etc. all should be interpreted as options to some command,
not files.  So it's possible that something else that should be
interpreted as an option or file is being interpreted as a command, and
invoking Android Studio.