Re: can't always get make to auto create build directory

From: LMH
Subject: Re: can't always get make to auto create build directory
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 12:41:04 -0400

Yann Droneaud wrote:
Hi,

Le mardi 28 juin 2016 à 09:08 -0700, LMHmedchem a écrit :

an-t-always-get-make-to-auto-create-build-directory-tp17226.html
Sent from the Gnu - Make - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Please use an email client (MUA) that doesn't munge the content of your
mail: you should not expect people to go read your complete message
through a web browser.

Regards.

--
Yann Droneaud
OPTEYA

I posted this topic at,

http://gnu-make.2324884.n4.nabble.com
http://gnu-make.2324884.n4.nabble.com/can-t-always-get-make-to-auto-create-build-directory-tp17226.html

because that is the site that was returned by my search on "gnu make help forum". Like other programming forums I have posted in, I wrapped the text from my make file and the output from my shell in [code] tags, as is usually requested on programming forums. When I post a message to a forum from a browser, I generally expect that it will be viewed and responded to in a browser. Is this not how internet help forums typically work?

Apparently the forum I posted to forwards posts to a mailing list. For some reason, everything I wrapped in code tags was omitted from the message on the mailing list. I don't know where in the process this happened. It doesn't make much sense for nabble to support formatting in their interface that is not supported by the mailing lists that they send to, but I guess that is what happened.

I can re-send the message as a plain text email if users really don't want to go to nabble.com to see what I posted. Is nabble not considered a safe site?

LMH