Re: Proper usage of multiple rules for the same targets

From: Sébastien Hinderer
Subject: Re: Proper usage of multiple rules for the same targets
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 10:03:49 +0200

Dear Tiphaine,

Sure, I understand your use case a bit better.

Yesterday I tried to hack something which failed but let me share it
anyway, just in case it inspires you or somebody else.

Imagine for each target that uses additional dependencies you could
write them in a variable like

foo_prereqs = additiional prerequisites specific to foo

and then you would be able to add a pattern-specific variable to your
rule, like

%.t: %.x $(%_prereqs)

It didn't work, unfortunately. I also tried with the eval function and
as far as I could try that was not more successful but perhaps from here
you or somebody else can see how to proceed.

Best wishes,

Sébastien.