help-mcsim

Is MCSim capable to do this?

From: Yanyuan Ma
Subject: Is MCSim capable to do this?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:54:17 -0400

Dear Fredric,

   This is a very simle question and I hope you can at least give me a
quick reply.

   I know that MCSim is designed to deal with problems where the mean
function is implicitly given through an ordinary differential equation
of t.

   Now, my mean function has one more complexity on top of that. It is
an integral of f(t,x)*g(x). Where g is an explicit function and f is the
solution of some ordinary differential equation. Can MCSim deal this
kind of model?

   You can probably already guess that we are trying to integrate out x
which represents the individual parameters. Indeed this is the case. And
we have to do this because we don't get data of each individual, we are
only given their average data.

Thank you very much in advance

Yanyuan