help-mcsim

Re: [Help-mcsim] Emacs info again?

From: fredomatic
Subject: Re: [Help-mcsim] Emacs info again?
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 19:25:06 +0200

Yes, the doc, examples, xmcsim directories are not installed in share/.
Not sure that too many people would find them there. And XMCSim needs
some cleaning up (I think that nobody uses it :-(

For install-info, you should first copy mcsim.info in /usr/share/info
and from that directory do (exactly)
"sudo install-info mcsim.info dir"
dir is not a directory, it is actually the info directory file (you
should check before that it exists). It's kind of stupid to call a file
"dir" and that makes the man pages for install-info rather confusing.

Frederic