Re: [Help-nano] nano in an XTerm

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] nano in an XTerm
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:08:11 -0400

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

<snip>

> when using Nano in an XTerm, I can neither select something within the
> Nano window nor paste a selection into that window.
> When I run a simple 'vi' that's well possible. Is this a configuration
> problem, compile time flag, a bug or a feature.

It's a feature when nano's mouse support is enabled.  If you want to do
this without having to turn the mouse support off, just hold down the
Shift key when you want to select or paste with the mouse.  For
reference, it's in the FAQ for nano 1.3 here:

http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v1.3/faq.html#4.13

although it also applies to nano 1.2.