Re: [Help-nano] iterm

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] iterm
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 09:17:11 -0500

Mark Roberts / X-Plane wrote:

> Is there some setting or compile option I can use so that on a Mac
> using iterm I can ssh to a linux server and use nano to edit files and
> the cursor will not garble the text?
>
> I really love iterm but using the latest version of nano or several
> before that this problem exist.  Thank you for your time.

No problem.  However, I need more information before I can be sure
what's wrong:

1. What version of iterm are you using?

2. How exactly does the cursor garble the text?

3. What version of nano started showing this problem?

4. What encoding is iterm using when this problem occurs?

5. What encoding is the Linux terminal you're ssh'ing into using when
this problem occurs?

Thanks in advance.