Re: [Help-nano] Segfault using nano 2.0.6 on Linux over a putty terminal

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Segfault using nano 2.0.6 on Linux over a putty terminal
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:13:56 -0500

On 10/22/07, Charles-Henri d'Adhémar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a major issue using nano and I am wondering if anybody here
> could help me ?

<snip>

> This is so a basic feature that there must be something wrong in my
> configuration ! Can anyone help here ?

Thanks for all the info, but what distribution are you using?  It sounds
very much like a problem on x86-64 systems described in this thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-nano/2007-09/msg00002.html

especially if you're using a version of Suse from a few years ago (I
don't know exactly when it started) that's earlier than 10.1, or a
version of Gentoo from around the same time.

> Thank you very much !

No problem.