Re: [Help-nano] Error: Refusing 0 length regex match

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Error: Refusing 0 length regex match
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:08:57 -0600

On Nov 11, 2007 6:15 AM, James Strickland
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I added some code to my .nanorc file for CSS highlighting, and now I
> get this error: [ Refusing 0 length regex match ].  I can't seem to
> figure out how to get rid of this.
>
> here's my nanorc file: http://www.strickstuff.com/nanorc.txt
>
> How can I fix this?

You can upgrade to nano 2.0.x; it was removed there.  The message was
originally intended to catch regex errors, but it didn't take into
account that zero-length regexes could occur legitimately.  (Or there
might actually be an error in your CSS regexes; I don't know enough
about CSS to comment on that.)

Note that color regex support has been changed in 2.0.x (color regexes
can be included from separate files, case-insensitive regex matching has
been added, support for background colors without foreground colors has
been added, etc.), so you might want to adjust your .nanorc's color
sections for it.