Re: [Help-nano] Spell Checker Under Windows: Please Help

From: John Goche
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Spell Checker Under Windows: Please Help
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:10:56 +0100

Hi Eitan!

I am looking forward to using
the spell checker functionality
you plan to contribute to the
windows version of nano.

Best Regards,

John Goche

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Eitan Adler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you for your contribution to this discussion.
> It would be nice indeed if there were a text speller
> which could be used instead of ispell. However,
> fist of all nano should have a screen where you
> can tell nano which program to use to carry out
> the text spelling, whether ispell or some other
> program.
I do actually have a patch that does this. However it currently replaces
the spell check program. I will provide my patch to this list when I
have both a spell checker and a generic "send through program".

Second, it appears to me that if another
> spell checker is used instead of ispell, than it must
> support the same command line interface in order
> to be compatible with nano.
Either that or just provide some method of telling nano what CLI options
 to use.