Re: [Help-nano] nano for Windows doesn't find .nanorc

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] nano for Windows doesn't find .nanorc
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 20:12:06 +0100

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014, at 08:03, Ronald Fischer wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014, at 19:22, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> > Please try naming your file nano.rc and see if it does as you expect
>
> Thanks; actually this is only half of the story. The other point is that
> the Windows version of nano ignores SYSCONFDIR (it only looks into
> HOME), so HOME must be set also.

You mean that if you have HOME set and SYSCONFDIR unset, then
it doesn't work?  As far as I can tell, SYSCONFDIR was mentioned in
nano's man pages only metaphorically -- it had to be replaced with
whatever was the location of your global 'nanorc'.

> But this is explained too in the FAQ
> you are mentioning.

Yes.  Apparently everything is differemt under Windows: the name
of the rc file, the way that nano finds it, ...

Benno