Preliminary fixes to port octave to hpux

From: Uwe Bonnes
Subject: Preliminary fixes to port octave to hpux
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 93 0:18:32 MEZ

As I am no expert in C(++) or unix here my quick (and dirty)fixes to compile
"octave" (ver 0.67) on a HP720 under hpux:

If I have gotten something wrong, corrections are welcome!

--1--
./builtins.cc:163: initialization between incompatible pointer types
./builtins.cc:163: initialization between incompatible pointer types
./builtins.cc:163: initialization between incompatible pointer types

The  a[sin,cos,tan]h-functions are not defined (at least not at the places
where to expect them) so I made comments around the lines initializing these
functions.

--2--
mappers.cc: In function `double  xfinite (double)':
mappers.cc:106: `DBL_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
mappers.cc:106: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mappers.cc:106: for each function it appears in.)
mappers.cc:108: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
mappers.cc: In function `double  xisinf (double)':
mappers.cc:123: `DBL_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
mappers.cc:125: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
gmake[1]: *** [mappers.o] Error 1

Define -DHAVE_IEEE_MATH manually

--3--
ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
getwd (code)
finite (code)

getwd: for hp-ux use getcwd and don't include <unistd.h> in  g-builtins.cc and
utils.cc

finite: in mappers.cc use ( xisinf(x)==0 ) instead of (finite (x)) as finite is
not available.

-----
Perhaps:
- these hints are of use for somebody
- remedy can be included in the next version of octave (I will help if possible)

With best regards

Uwe Bonnes address@hidden