info files

From: Phil Spector
Subject: info files
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 93 11:45:51 PDT

I just installed version 0.77 for my Sparc Station.  I am using a
directory other than /usr/lib for the octave home directory, and
have set up the directories as outlined in the doinstall.sh script -
in particular, I've made links from the files
   $OCTAVE_HOME/doc/octave.info*
into the directory $OCTAVE_HOME/info.
Inside of octave, the normal help files are fine, but the -i option
doesn't work:

   springer.spector% octave
   Octave, version 0.77.  Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, John W. Eaton.
   This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
   For details, type `warranty'.

   octave:1> help mean

   *** mean:

    usage: mean (a)

    For vector arguments, return the mean the values.

    For matrix arguments, return a row vector containing the mean for
    each column.

    See also: median, std

   Additional help for builtin functions, operators, and variables
   is available in the on-line version of the manual.

   Use the command `help -i <topic>' to search the manual index.
   octave:2> help -i mean
   warning: can't find info file!

   help: sorry, `mean' is not indexed in the manual

How can I set up the info files so that octave can find them?      - Phil