Re: Missing functions?

From: T.J. Cham
Subject: Re: Missing functions?
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 11:35:12 +0100 (BST)

>    I was surprised that Octave 1.1.0 doesn't recognize the following
> MATLAB basic functions: length, rem, fliplr, flipud. Of course, they
> are pretty trivial to add. However, I was wondering if that is a real
> omission, or something is wrong with my installation.

fliplr and flipud are definitely implemented (as M-files). However I do
recall facing the same problem initially because `make install' didn't
install the M-files properly. It depends I think on whether your unix
`find' command prints search successes without the `-print' option, eg.
Linux does but the Suns here don't. So perhaps all you need is to do is
search for `find's in the Makefile and insert relevant `-print's. I wish
I can give you more details but I've deleted my compilation directory tree.

Good Luck,
Tat Jen