Re: octave through a remote connection

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: octave through a remote connection
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 12:34:14 CDT

Try remsh sable octave -i

(force interactive mode as by using remsh, octave think you are
in non-interactive mode)

-vinayak

#I use octave through a remsh connection like this:
#
#remsh sable octave
#
#so I can run it on a remote machine and have the output in an emacs
#buffer.  Unfortunately, octave refuses to show its prompt.  Someone
#knows how to make it display the prompt?  Emacs is not the culprit, as
#the same things happen if I type "remsh sable octave" from the shell
#prompt.