Re:

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re:
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 96 06:27:21 +0100

Jim Van Zandt wrote:
 | From: Jim Van Zandt <address@hidden>
 | To: Joao Cardoso <address@hidden>
 |
 | Joao -
 |
 | I tried to cc you on this message, but messed up your address.  Hope
 | this works better.

Thanks, I received both messages.

 |                               - Jim Van Zandt
 |
 | To: address@hidden
 | Cc: Joao Cardoso <address@hidden>
 | Subject: meshdom and mesh bugs
 |
 | Bug report for Octave 1.1.1 configured for i486-unknown-linux

 | - -----------
 |
 | 1. meshdom produces a Y matrix with entries in an unexpected order.

Well, I think that jwe does a good job trying to keep compatibility with
Matlab, but I think that what is wrong should not be keep compatible...
If you observe the XYZ vectorial product rule, then mesh is wrong...

I notice the bug when doing plots of non-simetrical functions (unlike
the sombrero one), and I spent some time looking what was wrong with
_my_ functions, just to discover some hours late that it was not
_my_ problem, but _mesh_ problem. Perhaps MATLAB should correct the bug?

Thanks,
Joao

--
Joao Cardoso, INESC     |       e-mail: address@hidden
R. Jose Falcao 110      |       tel:    + 351 2 2094345