Re: LaTeX output

From: Dutt, Vinayak, Ph.D.
Subject: Re: LaTeX output
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 19:29:29 -0600

#
#Hi all,
#       In my work I do a lot of statistical analysis and present them in
#tables in my papers.  I am trying to write a function which creates a
#LaTeX file from a matrix.  It seems to work fine except that I can't find
#a way to get Octave to print a \ character as is \begin{tabular} or
#\end{tabular}  (this will only make sense to LaTeX users).  The first
#gives me egin{tabular} and the second gives the warning
#
#warning: unrecognized escape sequence `\e' -- converting to `e'
#
#so I get end{tabular} rather than \end{tabular}.  Is there an output
#conversion that applies to this case?  I know there is one for the symbol
#%.  For the other symbols like & no conversion is necessary but Octave
#attaches importance to the symbol \.
#

try \\ (double backslash) like:

fprintf(fd,'\\end{tabular}\n`);