Re: Reading ASCII data files into octave

From: Michael Martins
Subject: Re: Reading ASCII data files into octave
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:23:38 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello

>   Marco> Is there any way to have Octave do the same, without first adding
>   Marco> those four lines before each matrix contained in the file???
>
> You want to use the aload.m and asave.m functions. There are actually two
> sets of them. The first (which is older and simpler) is somewhere on

The method "load var.dat" has one disadvantage. Is is not possible to
put some remarks starting with "#" into the file. Is it possible to change
this in octave, to make it possible to load files like:

#comment1
#comment2
#...
1 2 3
2 3 4
3 4 5
#comment ...

This would be nice, because nearly all of my data files looks like this.

Ciao
        Michael

--
|\  /|  Dr. Michael Martins, Freie Universitaet Berlin