octave & RedHat5.0

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: octave & RedHat5.0
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 21:00:30 -0600 (CST)

On 30-Mar-1998, Enrico Cavalli <address@hidden> wrote:

| When compiling octave-2.0.11 under Linux RH5.0 I get this error:
| In file included from help.cc
| signalhandlers.h:103
| conflicting types for 'char * sys_siglist[]'
| /usr/include/signal.h:237 previous declaration as 'const char *const
| const sys_siglist[32]'
|
| Since I succesfully compiled octave (same version) under RH4.2, I was
| wondering if the problem is given by the new glibc.
|
| I also get many errors when compiling signalhandlers.cc (now I cannot
| post the exact errors).

If you get a lot of errors compiling sighandlers.cc on a Linux system,
chances are that something went wrong when you ran configure, and the
script didn't find things it should have.  For starters, it appears
that Octave's configure script didn't find sys_siglist on your
system.  Beyond that, I'm afraid you haven't supplied enough
information for anyone to give you much help.

jwe