SLOW plotting... ?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: SLOW plotting... ?
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 21:09:31 -0600 (CST)

On 31-Mar-1998, Eduardo Diaz (TSC) <address@hidden> wrote:

| I have some functions that have to show an animated 3d wave in a guide,
| that worked flawlessly in octave 1.1.1 and gnuplot 3.5 (March 1997) but
| show a very slow frame rate with 2.0.5 and gnuplot 3.6b340... does
| anybody have a clue on what the problem is?
|
| Last year, we had to put a small delay becouse it was too fast, and now,
| with 32 Mbs of ram and the new versions, using precalculated arrays, I
| got only 1 frame/2secs....

Given just this information it's impossible for me to tell what the
problem is.  Can you please submit a complete bug report along with
enough information to reproduce the problem to address@hidden
Please include the functions you are using plus any data required to
run them, and examples showing precisely what commands you are using.

Thanks,

jwe