Multi-line comments in Octave-mode for (X)Emacs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Multi-line comments in Octave-mode for (X)Emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:54:43 -0500 (CDT)

On 28-Apr-1998, Markus Svensen <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm using Octave and to edit my m-files I use XEmacs (v. 20.4, Feb'98)
| in octave-mode, combined with auto-fill-mode. When I write comments
| which are longer than one line, auto-fill automatically breaks the line.
| ##-comments are broken with a '\' and continues indented (without any ##
| inserted) on the next line, while #-comment are just broken, so the next
| line becomes a code line.
|
| Is there any (simple) way to make comments continue as comments,
| properly indented and starting with ## or # as appropriate, as it works
| e.g. in C++-auto-fill mode?

I don't seem to have the problems you describe using the current
version of octave-mod.el that's distributed with the latest release of
Octave (2.0.11) with GNU Emacs 19.34.  If you are using another
version of octave-mod.el, please try the newer one.  If you are using
the version of octave-mod.el from Octave 2.0.11, please submit a
complete bug report to address@hidden that includes
enough information for someone to reproduce the problem (i.e., what
are the exact contents of the buffer that you are editing, what are
all the variable settings that you have for Octave mode, etc.).

Thanks,

jwe