C language interface to octave (eng* function library)

From: Jesse Bennett
Subject: C language interface to octave (eng* function library)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 16:22:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

Is there any octave support (or ongoing development) for an Octave
interface library?  I find that Matlab is very effective as a user
interface for much of the R&D that I am involved in, and I am interested
in the possibility of using octave for this work.  In other words, is
there any compatibility with the libmat.a functions eng*?  E.g.,

> nm /apps/matlab/extern/lib/sun4/libmat.a | grep eng
fengintf.o_sun4:
         U _engClose
         U _engEvalString
         U _engGetFull