utility *.oct files

From: Andy Adler
Subject: utility *.oct files
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 18:11:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I'd like to announce a bunch of new utility *.oct (and *.m) files
that I'm making available.

chol_inv.cc    -> inverse choleski solver for banded sparse matrices
crc16.cc       -> cyclic redundancy check 16 of a vector
diag_inv.cc    -> solver for banded sparse symetric matrices
ginput.cc      -> get locations of mouse clicks
jacobi_it.cc   -> jacobi iterative solver for banded sparse matrices
jpgread.cc     -> read *jpg files from octave
jpgwrite.cc    -> write *jpg files from octave
loadbmp.m      -> load *bmp files from octave
sp_gauss.cc    -> solve a general banded sparse matrix

They're available at www.mondenet.com/~adler/octave

Use at your own risk.

Send me and bug reports or fixes.o

Some of them are tricky to compile (jpg* and ginput), you
need the appropriate packages installed and the right
swiches for mkoctfile. Read the source.

I'm not putting up any *.oct files because a) my isp
gives me limited web space b) compiling warms the coccles
of your heart ;-)

enjoy

Andy Adler      | American Biometric Company  | Tel:(613)736-5100x154
address@hidden | 3429 Hawthorne Rd,Ottawa,ON | Fax:(613)736-1348