fminu-kind of function

From: Jose L. Gomez Dans
Subject: fminu-kind of function
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:17:19 +0000

Hi!!!
        I've been going through the mailing list's archive, and found someone
asked a while ago about fminu and fmins functions in Octave. At present, I have
been using fsolve, but the results I get seem to be random. Put it in other
words, I could do a better job myself :))) In particular, I just wanted to know
what's the best way to find the minimum of a function using octave. Is there
anything in fsolve that I should know about? At any case, my tries always get
fsolve to return a status of 3...

        Any help?
        TIA,
Jose
--
Jose L Gomez Dans                       PhD student
                                        Radar & Communications Group